Internships abroad are one of the most effective methods to obtain experience in your chosen industry, and foreign placements make it simple for you to gain experience from world-class firms. Going abroad, in addition to gaining useful work experience, is a terrific way to gain other valuable skills by venturing outside of your comfort zone.
Here’s your full guide to finding the overseas internship of your dreams this summer if you’re keen on merging travel with on-the-job experience.
What Are The Advantages Of Studying And Interning Abroad?
An internship is an opportunity to gain real-world work experience and try out a potential career field without committing fully to it. Traveling overseas provides a culturally immersive experience that will push you to become more independent, grow your perspective, and challenge your preconceived notions.
Interning abroad allows you to combine the benefits of on-the-job work experience with an immersive travel experience. Additionally, it will boost your resume.
Fully Paid Internships Abroad 2022
- Adobe Research hires graduate students to “collaborate on state-of-the-art technologies.” In summer 2022, they are hiring interns in the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK
- Google hires interns in software engineering, UX, product management, and other technology-related fields. Internships are available in the UK, France, Switzerland, Ireland, and South Korea
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. hires student interns for finance, leadership development, banking, and other finance roles in the USA, Mainland China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, Bahrain, Japan, Germany, and the Philippines
- Apple offers various internships to both undergraduates and postgraduate students in China, Germany, France, England, Switzerland, Japan, Italy, Austria, Spain, and the US
- Tesla offers internships and apprenticeships in engineering, sales, visual design, business development, and many other categories in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, Mainland China, Hong Kong, and the US
How To Apply For Internship Abroad.
There are two general paths to finding a paid summer internship abroad. The first is to go through a program provider, who will assist you through the entire process, from placing you with an organization to helping navigate the visa application, to helping ensure you have a safe and successful experience. Some providers may offer their internship programs, or they may be a conduit between you and the host organization.
There are distinct benefits of interning abroad through a program provider, including the expert knowledge and support system they will provide you before, during, and directly after the internship. Your provider may also help you earn university credit for your internship. That said, all of this comes at a cost. Program providers charge a fee for their services, both for paid and unpaid internships.