International Development awards scholarships worth £5,000 to successful international applicants joining us in September or January for their first year of study. Our international scholarships are partial scholarships. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
Scholarship applications for January 2022 are now closed. Applications for our September 2022 intake will open March 2022.
Apply: international scholarship
Who can apply?
You can apply for an International Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- you are an international student, classified as paying ‘overseas fees’
- you have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University
- you are not currently registered on a Kingston University degree or foundation course
When can I apply?
- Applications for September 2022 will open March 2022
- Applications are NOT on a first-come-first-served basis, so take your time. All applications received by the deadline will receive equal consideration.
How are the scholarships awarded?
International Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following:
- academic merit (your grades from previous study)
- what you expect to gain from your Kingston degree course
- what you expect to do after completing the course
What documents do I need to submit?
All the following supporting documents must be uploaded as part of your online International Scholarship application (we cannot accept supporting documents by email). Incomplete applications (those missing any of the required documents below) will not be processed.
- The offer email (conditional or unconditional) you received from Kingston, saved as PDF or Word format.
Academic Reference (from previous teacher or employer)
- How they know you.
- Why they think you deserve a scholarship (comments on your achievements or academic strengths).
- Why they think you will be an asset to your course of study.
Personal Statement (maximum 500 words)
- Your academic strength and achievements
- What you expect to gain from studying at Kingston University
- How you intend to use your experience and knowledge in the future
- Your long-term goals.
- If your final transcript will not be available until after the application deadline, you should submit your most recent transcript/worksheet with grades to date.
- We will make a decision based on the grades that you provide on the transcript, not the grades that you expect.
What happens after I apply?
Here is a timeline of the application process.
- You will receive a confirmation email as soon as you submit your application (same day).
- We will email all applicants with a final decision by mid-July (September intake) and early December (January intake).
- If any supporting documents are missing, you will receive ‘chasing emails’ (remember, we must receive all of the required supporting documents by the deadline).
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on applications and does not correspond with applicants. The decision of the Committee is final.
Can I apply for an international scholarship and a loyalty bursary?
Yes, you will still be eligible to apply for one of our loyalty bursaries. You will find all necessary information and the application form on My Kingston (the University’s intranet) after enrolment.